Free Printable Math Worksheets for Grade 4
This is a comprehensive collection of free printable math worksheets for grade 4, organized by topics such as addition, subtraction, mental math, place value, multiplication, division, long division, factors, measurement, fractions, and decimals. They are randomly generated, printable from your browser, and include the answer key. The worksheets support any fourth grade math program, but have been specifically designed to match Math Mammoth grade 4 curriculum.
The worksheets are randomly generated each time you click on the links below. You can also get a new, different one just by refreshing the page in your browser (press F5).
You can print them directly from your browser window, but first check how it looks like in the "Print Preview". If the worksheet does not fit the page, adjust the margins, header, and footer in the Page Setup settings of your browser. Another option is to adjust the "scale" to 95% or 90% in the Print Preview. Some browsers and printers have "Print to fit" option, which will automatically scale the worksheet to fit the printable area.
All worksheets come with an answer key placed on the 2nd page of the file.
Addition in columns
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 2 addends
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 3 addends
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 4 addends
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 5 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 2 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 3 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 4 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 5 addends
- Adding 5 and 6-digit numbers, 2 addends
- Adding 5 and 6-digit numbers, 3 addends
- Adding 5 and 6-digit numbers, 4 addends
Subtraction in columns
- Build a four-digit number from the parts (print in landscape)
- Find the missing place value from a 4-digit number (print in landscape)
- Build a 5-digit number from parts (print in landscape)
- Find the missing place value from a 5-digit number
- Build a 6-digit number from parts
- Find the missing place value from a 6-digit number
- Round to the nearest ten, within 1,000
- Round to the nearest hundred, within 10,000
- Round to the nearest thousand, within 10,000
- Round to the nearest ten thousand, within 1,000,000
- Mixed rounding problems 1 - round to the nearest 10 or 100
- Mixed rounding problems 2 - round to the nearest 10, 100, or 1000
- Mixed rounding problems 3 - as above but rounding to the underlined digit
- Mixed rounding problems 4 - round to the nearest 10, 100, 1000, or 10,000 within 1,000,000
- Mixed rounding problems 5 - round to any place value within 1,000,000
These are completely optional, as Roman Numerals are not included in the Common Core standards.
- Multiplication tables 2-10, random facts
- Multiplication tables 2-12, random facts
- Multiplication tables 2-10, missing factor
- Multiplication tables 2-12, missing factor
- Multiply a single-digit number by whole tens
- Multiply a single-digit number by whole hundreds
- Multiply a single-digit number by whole tens or whole hundreds
- Multiply single-digit numbers, whole tens, or whole hundreds by the same
- As above, but missing factor
- The same as above, but also including whole thousands
- As above, missing factor
- Multiply in parts 1: single-digit number by a 2-digit number
- Multiply in parts 2: single-digit number by a number near a whole hundred
- Multiply in parts 3: single-digit number by a 3-digit number
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, and parenthesis — three operations
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, and parenthesis — four operations
Multiply in columns
- Division facts practice (tables 1-10)
- Division facts practice (tables 1-12)
- Missing dividend or divisor (basic facts)
- Divide by 10 or 100
- Divide by whole tens or hundreds
- Divide whole tens and whole hundreds by 1-digit numbers mentally
- Division with remainder within 1-100, based on basic facts
- Division with remainder within 1-100
- Division with remainder, divisor a whole ten
- Division with remainder, divisor a whole hundred
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, divide, and parenthesis — three operations
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, divide, and parenthesis — four operations
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, divide, and parenthesis — five operations
- Division facts practice (using the long division symbol)
- Long division, 2-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, exact division
- Long division, 2-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, remainders possible
- Long division, 3-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, exact division
- Long division, 3-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, remainders possible
- Long division, 4-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, exact division
- Long division, 4-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, remainders possible
The following worksheets are slightly beyond Common Core Standards for 4th grade, and are optional.
- Convert between millimeters & centimeters (for example, 34 mm = ___ cm ____ mm)
- Convert between centimeters & meters (for example, 2 m 65 cm = _____ cm)
- Mixed practice of the two above (millimeters, centimeters, and meters)
- Convert between meters and kilometers (for example, 2,584 m = ____ km _____ m)
- Mixed practice of the ones above (mm, cm, m, and km)
- Convert between milliliters and liters (for example, 2,584 ml = ____ L _____ ml)
- Convert between grams and kilograms (for example, 5 kg 600 g = ________ g)
- Mixed practice of the two above: ml & l and g & kg
- All metric units mentioned above - mixed practice
- Convert between inches and feet (e.g. 35 in. = ___ ft ___ in.)
- Convert whole miles & feet or yards
- Convert between ounces & pounds (e.g. 62 oz = ___ lb ___ oz)
- Convert between cups, pints, quarts, and gallons
- All customary units mentioned above - mixed practice
Fractions to mixed numbers or vv.
If you wish to have more control on the options such as number of problems or font size or spacing of problems, or range of numbers, just click on these links to use the worksheet generators yourself:
Homework tasks that cover every Year 4 Curriculum area for mathematics. There are 12 sheets in total, with each sheet offering activities and tasks relating to a specific area of the Year 4 Curriculum areas for maths. There are enough sheets here to last a whole term's worth of homework setting!
*Each sheet is designed to encourage creative mathematical thought, as well as to provide your pupils (and their parents!) with interesting, engaging homework tasks. Lots of the tasks are open ended, which makes them easy to mark and fun for your pupils!
*Because there is at least one or two maths homework sheets for each area of the Year 4 curriculum, this homework booklet will easily allow you to find a relevant homework task for your pupils that will either help to consolidate what they have learnt that week or assist them in practising skills they have already developed.
*This booklet has been written by an experienced primary teacher - not *cough, cough* a huge publishing company with little or no experience of teaching to the new Curriculum!
*All sheets are designed to be clear and easy to read, and they are all fully editable in MS Word to allow you the option to personalise for your class. There is NO BRANDING OR LOGOS on any of the sheets.
*You will receive the homework booklet in both .docx format (MS Word) and .pdf format.
*The booklet contains a fully hyperlinked contents page to allow you to navigate to your required homework task sheets with ease. PLEASE NOTE: because lots of the tasks in the booklet are open ended, there is no mark sheet included.
Full table of contents:
Number and Place Value
Negative Number Platform Game!
Roman Numeral Shopping List!
Addition and Subtraction
You have just won the lottery!
Get the Target Number!
Multiplication and Division
Multiplication treasure hunt!
Spot the odd one out! (Times Table Challenge)
Fractions, including Decimals
Decimal Rocket Ship!
Properties of Shape
Angle Treasure Hunt!
Lines of symmetry!
Position and Direction
Find the pirate’s treasure!