Putting together a personal statement can be quite daunting as many people find it hard to talk about themselves.
To help take the sting out of putting a personal profile together we have collected some examples of completed profiles and a list of the type of things that may help you to best describe yourself and your skills.
Examples of Completed Statements:
I am an experienced joiner with well developed skills and experience in groundwork, concrete finishing and steel fixing and have worked in the construction industry since 1982. I am also a skilled labourer who has supported many different trades over the years. I have a full clean UK driving licence with entitlement of up to 7.5 tonne. I am keen to return to work after a period of training and personal development which has broadened my skills and experiences.
I am a flexible and experienced insurance administrator with excellent time management skills. I am a good communicator with proven inter personal skills and am used to working in a team whilst also being capable of using own initiative. I am skilled In dealing with problems in a resourceful manner and negotiating to achieve beneficial agreement. I am always enthusiastic to learn and undertake new challenges.
I am a professionally qualified fire engineer with 7 years experience. I have recently achieved RTITB accreditation in the use of Counterbalance fork lift trucks and I am seeking employment that will make best use of my skills and allow me to develop them further. I am determined and enthusiastic, I have developed good planning & organisational skills and am confident working independently or as part of a team. I am flexible regarding working hours and am able to work a range of shifts.
I am a hard working, honest individual. I am a good timekeeper, always willing to learn new skills. I am friendly, helpful and polite, have a good sense of humour. I am able to work independently in busy environments and also within a team setting. I am outgoing and tactful, and able to listen effectively when solving problems.
I am a punctual and motivated individual who is able to work in a busy environment and produce high standards of work. I am an excellent team worker and am able to take instructions from all levels and build up good working relationships with all colleagues. I am flexible, reliable and possess excellent time keeping skills.
I am an enthusiastic, self-motivated, reliable, responsible and hard working person. I am a mature team worker and adaptable to all challenging situations. I am able to work well both in a team environment as well as using own initiative. I am able to work well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
I am a dedicated, organized and methodical individual. I have good interpersonal skills, am an excellent team worker and am keen and very willing to learn and develop new skills. I am reliable and dependable and often seek new responsibilities within a wide range of employment areas. I have an active and dynamic approach to work and getting things done. I am determined and decisive. I identify and develop opportunities.
I’m a nice fun and friendly person, I’m honest and punctual, I work well in a team but also on my own as I like to set myself goals which I will achieve, I have good listening and communication skills. I have a creative mind and am always up for new challenges. I am well organized and always plan ahead to make sure I manage my time well.
To download these examples
click here: Lighthouse Project – Example statements for personal profile 2014
Examples of personal statements to go into a personal profile
If your not sure what to say, or how to start then consider selecting a combination of up to 5 sentences from the list below to create your own personal profile.
Also consider adding information relevant to the job description or duties that you may be expected to undertake – this makes it personal!
- I am an organised and efficient person with an enquiring mind.
- I am a flexible person seeking employment which will allow development, growth and make use of my existing skills.
- am a good listener and learner, and am able to communicate well with people from all walks of life.
- I am a keen, hard working, reliable and excellent time keeper.
- I am a bright and receptive person, able to communicate well with people at all levels.
- I am good at working using my own initiative and I am flexible in my approach to work duties.
- I have a good sense of humour and a pleasant approach.
- I am a hard working individual with experience of assembly line work, drilling, and spraying.
- I am a loyal and trustworthy employee who can work alone or as part of a team.
- I am a quick to learn and willing to adapt to any job.
- I am a competent, loyal, hard working employee with the ability to achieve tasks when working alone or as part of a team.
- I am punctual with an excellent attendance record.
- I have a flexible and positive approach to employment and am willing to train to suit my next working environment.
- I am an organised, efficient and hard working person, and am willing to discover and accept new ideas which can be put into practice effectively.
- I am a good listener and learner, able to communicate well with a group and on an individual level.
- I am able to motivate and direct my talents and skills to meet objectives.
- I always seek to achieve a high standard in whatever work I undertake.
- I am well organised with a clear and positive approach to problem solving.
- I am a well organised, efficient and professional person.
- I am able to communicate easily in both spoken and written forms.
- I am a hard working, loyal and mature worker with a variety of skills to offer.
- I am keen to obtain new skills and training and have a flexible approach to all work situations, and find it easy to adapt.
- I am capable of relating to people at all levels and am prepared to help them overcome problems in a work situation
- I am open minded, receptive and innovative, with an enquiring mind.
- I can work unsupervised alone or as a member of a team and I like to use my skills to make a positive contribution to the workforce.
- I am a family person with responsibilities, very reliable and trustworthy.
- I am willing to learn new skills and have many existing ones to offer.
- I have good interpersonal understanding and communication skills and am a confident team worker with the ability to work on own initiative.
- I am a mature person with a sound engineering background.
- I can organise and prioritise my own workload effectively.
- I have the ability to work under stress and keep within set budgets and targets.
- I am a mature and confident person with sales experience, team leadership skills and the ability to create new sales and build on existing accounts.
- I am a quiet and focused person who can work swiftly and effectively either alone or as part of a team.
- I am a reliable, trustworthy and flexible individual who can learn new skills easily and execute them swiftly.
- I am a confident driver with clean driving licence, I have my own transport and an excellent knowledge of local and national road and motorway networks.
- I am a confident Fork Lift Truck operator with a good all round knowledge of warehouse duties.
- I am an experienced machine operator with a good all round knowledge of factory procedures.
To download a copy of these statements
click here: Lighthouse Project – Example sentences for personal profile CV 2103
Examples of Career Objective Statements for Your Resume
Career objective statements are no longer given the right attention they deserve.
Anti-career objective evangelists a.k.a. those who oppose the idea of including a career objective statement in resumes have exceedingly undermined the relevance of resume objectives that not a lot of people pay attention to it anymore. While majority of job seekers still choose to include some sort of vague and generic objective statement on their resume, there are those who opt to remove it completely from their resumes.
Not having a career objective doesn’t necessarily make your resume incomplete. However, when written correctly, your career objective can add a whole lot of value to your resume especially if you are a fresh graduate or a newbie in the job hunting game. If your career objective statement is compelling enough, the interest of the hirer going through your resume will be significantly increased.
Below are actual career objectives statements that can help you craft your own. The list includes sample career objective statements for some of the most in-demand jobs in the field of Admin and HR, Engineering, Accounting, IT and Sales.
Sample Career Objective Statements for Admin and Human Resource (HR) jobs:
Highly motivated HR Management graduate seeking a generalist position where I can use my knowledge and expertise in Human Resources to carry out various responsibilities in functional areas such as recruitment, policy implementation and employee relations.
Proactive and efficient Business Management graduate looking for an Executive Secretary position where I can utilize my strong administrative and clerical skills to provide effective support to executives within the company.
Highly dependable and organized individual looking for an Administrative Assistant position. Offering 3+ years of hands-on experience in providing high-quality managerial support, in-house coordination and inventory management.
Fresh college graduate looking to obtain a position as a front desk receptionist. I’d like to utilize my high degree of work efficiency and organizational skills contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Highly skilled procurement and logistics officer with leadership experience in search of a position in an established facility where I can use my people skills to assist in management and procurement operations.
Sample Career Objective Statements for Engineering jobs:
Electrical Engineering graduate applying for a Building Admin Assistant position. I’d like to use my knowledge in property management and my familiarity with preventative maintenance scheduling and activities to assist the building administrator on all technical works.
Competent and dependable Mechanical Engineering graduate applying for a Plumbing and Fire Protection Systems Designer position where I can use my experience in estimating, bidding and review of construction plans and specifications to further contribute to the company and to the industry as a whole.
Experienced Automotive Engineer looking for a position in the field of automotive servicing. I’d like to use my strong background automotive assessment and analysis to cater to clients with vehicle diagnostic and repair needs.
Civil Engineering graduate pursuing a CAD Operator position (or any related position) where I can use my knowledge and technical skills to help digitize work plans in accordance to plan specifications and provide overall support to engineers with project implementation and any other related tasks.
Resourceful and hardworking Junior Geodetic Engineer seeking for a position that specializes on Geodetic Computation Survey, conducting ground surveys using GNSS, Total Station and levelling, and other survey instruments.
Sample Career Objective Statements for Accounting jobs:
BS Accountancy graduate with good academic standing applying for a General Accounting position where I can use my knowledge and experience to ensure the delivery of all financial and accounting activities related to accounts payable, accounts receivables and general accounting.
Hardworking and analytical Accountancy graduate seeking for a position as a Field Auditor where I can integrate my background and experience to help conduct audit procedures.
Certified Public Accountant looking for a Financial Analyst position where I can utilize my knowledge in financial planning and strategy to perform finance-related work such as analysis, forecasting, reports preparation, and other computational and reportorial tasks.
Management Accounting graduate with international experience from a study abroad internship pursuing an Accounting Assistant position. I’d like to leverage my knowledge in accounting or auditing principles, procedure and applications provide assistance to the company’s financial management undertakings.
Results-oriented Certified Public Accountant looking for a position with a focus on tax and compliance. I’d like to use my good analytical skills and strong background in accounting to ensure complete, on-time and organized filing of reports and tax returns.
Sample Career Objective Statements for Information Technology (IT) jobs:
Fresh Information Technology graduate looking for a technical support specialist position where I can use my advanced troubleshooting and multitasking skills in resolving technical issues and providing help desk support.
Creative and highly reliable Computer Engineer looking for a Software Developer position with a focus on web and mobile application. I’d like to apply my excellent coding and problem-solving skills to create web and mobile applications based on agree technical and design specifications.
Talented information technology graduate with visual communications background currently searching for web design position where I can integrate my technical skills and innovative ideas to produce pixel perfect designs.
Motivated and resourceful IT professional applying for a Network Administrator position. I’d like to apply my proficiency in networking and troubleshooting to manage network infrastructure and subsequently meet business requirements.
BS Computer Science graduate seeking a Computer Technician position where I can use my background in computer hardware to assist in troubleshooting, installation and testing of computer parts.
Sample Career Objective Statements for Sales jobs:
Ambitious and driven business graduate seeking a Sales Coordinator position in order to leverage my people skills in selling store goods and coordinating sales and administrative activities.
Fresh Business Administration graduate looking to obtain a position in the field of sales. I’d like to use my strong interpersonal skills as well as my background in retail to help the company attain sales targets.
Young and highly skilled marketing professional applying for Sales Associate position where I can utilize my excellent communication skills and persuasive sales ability to consult with customers and book customized hotel reservations via phone.
Business Management major with excellent negotiation skills looking to obtain an Account Manager position where I can use my experience in field sales to manage client accounts, deliver outstanding customer care and exceed sales targets.
Talented and highly motivated Marketing graduate in search of a position as Sales Representative. I’d like to use my pleasant personality and excellent selling skills to help reach sales, distribution, and expense management objectives.
Whatever your career objective is, your language needs to be precise and clear and your tone, confident and formal. Avoid vague objective statements or the ones that show only self interest because they have the capacity to put potential employers off.
Instead of focusing your career objective statement solely on emphasizing your major skills or strengths, you also have to be specific to the job that you are applying for and more importantly, you need to mention what you can do for the company or employer. In that way, you give the hirer some reason to keep reading your resume.
JobStreet.com is a leading online job board presently covering the employment markets in Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia and Vietnam. JobStreet.com currently services over 230,000 corporate hirers and over 15 million jobseekers in its database.
About SEEK Asia
JobStreet.com and jobsDB are part of SEEK Asia, which is the leading online employment market place in Asia. SEEK Asia covers 7 countries namely Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. SEEK Asia is the extension of the Australian Securities Exchange listed company called SEEK. The company’s purpose is to help improve people’s lives through a better career. SEEK Asia’s database consist of over 500,000 corporate hirers and over 24 million candidates.
For more information about this article, or to schedule an interview with JobStreet.com Philippines, please call Mark Nichol Turija, Content Marketing Specialist, at 286-6222.