Cosmetology cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a cosmetologist, or download the cosmetology cover letter template in Word.
Cosmetologists know how to make appearance work in someone’s favor—your cover letter should do the same for your career. To be considered for top cosmetology jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for cosmetology, or download the cosmetology cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about personal service careers and look for cosmetology jobs on Monster.
Cosmetology cover letter template
Sometown, AL 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Instagram | Pinterest
November 8, 2017
Ms. Jill Childs
55 Main St.
Sometown, AL 55555
Re: Licensed Cosmetologist t Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Childs:
I am a licensed cosmetologist with five years of experience and a strong base of loyal customers. The owners at my current salon have decided to relocate the business, so I am seeking a new salon home. I am very interested in joining your team.
At XYZ Salon, I have earned a reputation for excellence in delivering a full range of services:
- Hair: Color | Extensions | Conditioning treatments | Styling | Permanent waves and relaxers
- Makeup: Customized beauty applications | Special occasions | Airbrushing | Lash extensions
- Nails: Manicures | Pedicures | Paraffin dips | Acrylics | Silk wraps
- Facials: Triple Hydration Oxygen | Bio-Lift | Aromatherapy | Microdermabrasion
- Hair Removal: Sugaring method | Natural wax
I take pride in providing services that enhance natural beauty, combat stress and support our guests’ wellness while delighting them with exceptional customer service.
“My hair has never looked better since I started seeing Mandy. Not only do I love the style, but the protein treatments leave my hair silky and shiny.” – B. Jones
“Mandy has been styling my hair for four years. I have been impressed by her creative ideas and advice – she has introduced me to styles I never would have considered but work perfectly for me. Highly recommended.” – R. Brady
“Mandy is very knowledgeable in all areas of skincare. Her face treatments have kept my skin clear and hydrated. I will follow her wherever she goes.” – V. Simms
If you are seeking to add a professional, friendly and outgoing cosmetologist with an established book of business to your team, let’s speak. You can reach me at (555) 555-5555. Thank you.
Cosmetologist Cover Letter
Cosmetologists help clients improve their physical aspect by providing the following services: hairstyling, makeup application, hair removal, nail services, and others. Examples of Cosmetologist duties include: scheduling appointments, discussing requirements with clients, recommending and explaining procedures, providing cosmetology services, and collecting payments. Those operating their own businesses are also busy with promotional activities and attracting more customers.
A successful cover letter example for Cosmetologist should emphasize the following qualifications and abilities:
- Cosmetology expertise
- Aesthetic sense and creativity
- Customer service orientation
- Communication and interpersonal abilities
- Endurance and stamina
- Being available to work in shifts
- Good listening skills
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination
- The ability to select the right style for each client
Those interested in a Cosmetologist career can check relevant skills in the cover letter sample presented below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Cosmetologist Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Duckett:
When I heard of your search for an experienced Cosmetologist to join your team at Ravendale Salon, I enthusiastically decided to submit my resume for your consideration. As an enthusiastic and dedicated professional with more than eight years of cosmetology experience, I am confident that I could make a significant contribution to your establishment in this role.
My background includes ensuring outstanding customer experiences while providing a range of beauty services including hairstyling, skin care treatments, hair removal, and nail care. In my previous positions, my comprehensive service to a diverse client base has resulted in a generous repeat customer base and significant profit growth. I am excited to extend my record of exceptional customer attention to your salon and stimulate optimal customer experiences. Additionally, please note that I am a successful graduate of the cosmetology-training program at Wallabash Beauty School.
Please consider the following highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Providing exceptional customer service while administering a full range of beauty treatments—including facials, manicures, pedicures, makeup application, and general styling—to build a loyal client base and generate maximum repeat and referral business.
- Building lasting relationships with clients by attentively assessing their needs and desires, recording allergies or health issues, ensuring first-rate cleanliness and sanitary environments, and offering customized beauty product and service recommendations.
- Demonstrating superior communication and interpersonal talents, along with a keen ability to consistently providing excellent levels of customer service.
With my experienced and credentials, I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you, and am sure to enhance client satisfaction and exceed your expectations for this role. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications with you further.
Joelle W. Ford