Sample resume for an entry-level chemist
Does your resume lack substance? View this resume sample for an entry-level chemist to see how you can formulate a resume to help launch your career.
To be a successful candidate for chemist jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Does your resume lack substance? To see how you can formulate a resume to help launch your career, view this sample resume for an entry-level chemist Isaacs created below, or download the entry-level chemist resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about science careers or search for chemist jobs on Monster.
Entry-Level Chemist Resume Sample
Sometown, NC 27601
firstname.lastname@example.org | BeKnown URL | LinkedIn URL
- Hardworking, entry-level chemist offering a year of lab-testing experience within the FDA- and cGMP-regulated environment of health and beauty products manufacturing.
- In-depth knowledge of wet chemistry and titration methods; experience using instrumentation such as AA, FTIR, HPLC, GC and ICP.
- Technically proficient – advanced user of Mathematica, Spartan'10 and GAMESS.
XYZ UNIVERSITY | Sometown, NC
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (GPA: 3.8)
- Honors: Gamma Sigma Epsilon, Alpha Eta Chapter (Chemistry Honor Society); Dean’s List
- Research:Received National Science Foundation (NSF) research grant. Studied methods for using palladium to catalyze the synthesis of carbon-carbon molecules for pharmaceutical applications.
- Activities: American Chemical Society (ACS) Student Chapter, Member and Secretary, 2010 to 2011
ABC INC. | Sometown, NC
[Independent laboratory testing organization used by health and beauty, personal-care and consumer-goods manufacturers for R&D and quality-assurance solutions]
Chemist, September 2016 to Present
Retained for yearlong contract to assist R&D chemists with analytical testing projects. Analyzed shipment samples, as well as raw, in-process and finished products. Operated and maintained analytical instrumentation and prepared lab reports summarizing findings. Adhered to FDA mandates, cGMP guidelines and internal quality-control policies.
- Gained experience using wet chemistry methods including titrations and pH, color and moisture testing.
- Played a key role in new product development by adjusting formulas and preparing blend sheets for review and approval by R&D department.
- Contributed to significant changes to seven global products by recommending new ingredients and techniques to R&D team; kept current with advances in the health and beauty industry.
- Tested rush samples for DEF Company, a Fortune 500 consumer-goods manufacturer. Submitted test results on time, with efforts cited as instrumental in retaining client business.
- Served on R&D team that evaluated and provided ingredient formulation adjustment recommendations for Action Lotion, one of client company’s fastest-selling skin-care products.
- Investigated and offered viable solutions for problem batches, leveraging analytical strengths to isolate issues and facilitate their timely resolution.
574 Yamber Avenue
Kirketon WA 6800
T: (08) 8222 1111
M: 0400 333 888
5 Albert Lane
Rigby WA 6500
Dear Ms Wilson
Re: Chemist Position
I am writing to apply for the position of Chemist at Pendury Adhesives as recently advertised on SEEK.com.au.
As a recent Bachelor of Science (chemistry major) graduate, I am looking forward to applying my skills in a practical setting. I am a hardworking, enthusiastic person and would be thrilled to work for your company given its exemplary reputation for quality and innovation.
Since graduating I have gained work experience as a laboratory assistant at Smithford Laboratory to further enhance my technical skills and gain some additional laboratory experience. Smithford is responsible for the production and testing of a variety of pharmaceutical products. It has been a wonderful experience working within this small and very productive team and I have enjoyed assisting the laboratory manager, particularly when performing quality control testing of the packaged products.
At Smithford I am responsible for cleaning and calibrating the laboratory equipment and ordering supplies when required. I have quickly become a valued member of the team and receive compliments for my attention to detail and work ethic. I have also assisted in the development and production of a few products and was able to offer several suggestions on improvements in formulas and processes, two of which have now been implemented.
I am very proficient in using MS Office programs and have excellent report writing skills. I work well as a member of a team but am also confident in assuming responsibility for tasks autonomously. Through my previous work in retail and hospitality, I have gained excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to solve problems and handle challenging situations.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this application with you further, and look forward to hearing from you.