Two Types of Process Paragraph
- Process writing is useful when writing on history, business, the sciences, psychology, and many other areas
How to: This gives the reader steps or directions on how he or she can do something.
Explanation: This tells the reader how a particular event occurred or how something works.
Begining a Process (at)first, initially, begin by
Continuing the Process second, third step, until, after(ward), then, next later, before, when, while, as soon as, as, upon, during, meanwhile
Ending a Process finally, at last
This is a checklist to help you when writing a Process Paragraph
* Narrow the topic. Think of who you are writing to
* Make a topic sentence that clearly states what your process result will be
* Free write or brainstorm some ideas that might help with the process
* Drop unnecessary information that are not necessary in the process
* Make a outline with the steps of how you will write it.
* Write a draft of the process and use transition expressions to indicate order
* Proofread to make sure that you have no errors in grammar or spelling, punctuation, or mechanics
My Most Favorite Dish, You Can Make It Too
Today we are going to be making chicken primavera. Before you get started you will need the following things: two or more skinless, boneless chicken breasts; two cans of Cream of Mushroom soup; two cans of Cream of Chicken soup; milk; butter; vegetable oil, spaghetti noodles (or any noodle of you choice); and finally one very large sized frying pan. First you want to start the water and about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil boiling for the noodles (they take the longest), and then while you have that going, start dicing you chicken breast into about 1 inch cubes. After you get all of your chicken cut up you want to start heating up your pan. Always start on high heat and then once the ingredients are added the heat will get turned down. Once your frying pan is hot put 1 tablespoon of butter into the frying pan, let that melt a little bit, and then add your chicken. You want to make sure that the chicken is browned on all sides, and if you were to cut a cube in half that the middle is white. Any time while you are cooking you chicken, if the water is boiling, then you can start boiling you noodles. When your chicken is done all the way through then we make the sauce. Right there in the same pan that you cooked you chicken in, add your two cans of Cream of Mushroom soup and your two cans of Cream of Chicken soup. After dumping the soup into the pan, you will then need to guess on the amount of milk that you put into the sauce. The more milk that is added the thinner the sauce will be, and the less milk that is added will give you a nicer creamier sauce. It depends on how thick or thin you like your sauces. Make sure to keep stirring the noodles through out their cooking process, or they will all be stuck together. While finishing cooking the noodles turn the heat down on the sauce so that all it is going to do is warm up. You don’t want the sauce to boil or else it will take longer to thicken up even if the amount of milk was small. It only takes about 3-5 minutes for the sauce to warm all the way through. Once the noodles are done then you can strain the water off of them. Add about 1 tablespoon of butter to the drained noodles and stir them really good to get that butter mixed in, this will keep the noodles from sticking together until they can be served. Finally, all you need to do now is dish up your plate of chicken primavera and enjoy. This recipe will feed between 8-10 people in one sitting. If you need to make more than that, just double the recipe and follow the same instructions. I hope that this meal was as quick, easy, and delicious for you as it was for me.
~© Jessica Johnson 2005~
This is a great example of a process paragraph for the author is very thorough within all of the steps. This particular paragraph would be easy for anyone trying to make chicken primavera for the first time. She gives great process steps such as before, first, and after. Something that could be considered for the next revision would be not to use the word ‘you’. This writer was very successful in creating a how-to paragraph as explained in our text and has explained how to do what was stated in the topic sentence. This is definitely a recipe that gets your mouth watering! ~© 2005 Jessica Johnson~
Ways to make Breaking up Easier
Breaking up with a boyfriend or girlfriend can be easier said than done, but here are five steps that may help the breaking up process. First try to distance yourself by suddenly becoming busier than usual. The next step is to calmly tell the other person that how you are feeling.Then gently let him or her know that you do not want to be together anymore. Then make sure to be sensitive of his or her feelings and answer any questions that he or she may have. For example, if the person starts to cry, use kind words to help comfort him or her. After everything is said and done, take some alone time for your self because everyone has feelings to sort out after a break up. Finally, go out with friends and meet new people. With these five steps it will make the breaking up process smooth for both parties.
~© Sara Bedwell~
How To Be A Good Friend
To be a good friend, an individual has to spend time working on her friendships, or they will eventually fade. When two people first meet, they both need to be sure they are acting in good manor, so they don’t scare the other away. After they meet and start talking a few times, they will start getting to know each other, calling each other, and spending more time with each other. That is how a friendship begins. After they call each other “friends”, the friendship has to be made through the effort of more than just one person, so each has to do her own part. Friendships shouldn’t take a lot of money but they do take a lot of time and care. Friends should always listen to what the other has to say, and then should give advice only when asked for it. No matter how much friends are alike, everyone has differences, so a friend should be able to accept their differences. After being a friend to a person for a long period of time, one might get tired of hearing repeated problems everyday, but a good friend will always be there for her friend no matter what.
~© Denise Rafferty~
The process essay, also well known as the "how-to" essay is commonly written for people or companies that need tutorials. Whether it's building a robot or cooking a chocolate cake, process essays use a similar format for any variation. They follow a step-by-step style, with the initial step influencing the second which influences the third and etc. Each step carries its own importance, and a poor explanation of one step can ruin the entire process. It's important to stay concise as well as efficient. However, before you begin writing your essay, do some small preparations.
Table Of Contents
Prepare The Small Stuff
- Determine the Audience's Skill Level. It's important to center the complexity of the essay based on . For example, if you need to teach a friend or coworker how to do a simple fix or create a certain tool, then it would be intelligent to stick towards more basic terminology. However, if you are writing an essay for your astrophysics professor about the creation of a black hole in our planet, use more sophisticated and informative terminology.
- Make a list of Materials. Obviously, the creation of anything comes with some . Whether it's items or ideas, the importance of having the necessities beforehand and ready to go is substantial. Make sure to place each item in accordance with its importance. The more impactful a part is, the higher up on the list it should be. However, each item should obviously be obtained.
- Write out each task. In a step-by-step tutorial, each individual task carries some sort of weight. Since an entire process can not be complete if any step is skipped, it's crucial to . However, don't go overboard in your explanations. It's not necessary to bring the tutorial to a microscopic level, but each step should be understandable!
- The Full-Scale Production of a Movie.
- From fresh and ready to a "burned out" student.
- How things decay (Half-Life concept).
- The development of a bad habit.
- The process of building a business from scratch.
It's important to note that these essay topics are just some common examples used by several college students for their course papers. Feel free to use anyone you want or think of your own. Just make sure it's a PROCESS!
Process essay outline follows the standard procedure: Intro > Body Paragraphs > Conclusion.
Obviously, every process is different. Some can take a couple of minutes while others take months or maybe even years to complete. The length of the essay is generally based on the difficulty and number of steps it takes. However, the structure doesn't maneuver.
The first thing that you want to do as a writer is to interest the readers about your individual process. For somebody to be keen on approaching your process, they have to express interest in it. Though that generally goes without saying, many writers ignore this fact. Let's break it down into subsections:
- Give a little bit of historical background. People often want to know the origins of whatever it is that they're working on. Introducing this part of the process helps to intrigue the reader, as well as give him a sense of purpose for the task.
- Create an approximate timeframe. Unfortunately, your readers don't have all day to spend on this one event. As well as its purpose, people want to know how long the task will take. This way, they can decide how to break up the work. If it`s a quick fix, then they can knock it out in one session. However, if it's a large-scale operation, then the readers will obviously have to create their own time schedule.
Read more about how to write a great INTRODUCTION
This is the point in the process essay where you start introducing the step-by-step process you need to take. A lot of the time, it helps to break down each process into subsections. For example, if a step has many moving parts, it would be smart to create its own paragraph just for that step. Remember, it's important to keep things smooth and efficient. Let's go into more detail about each step.
- Each step should be carefully explained. Every step will vary in length.** Think about it: every instruction manual has several steps. Some are more difficult to comprehend or perform than others. For this reason, create your steps and explanations accordingly. You should be able to get a sense of their length and difficulty based on the explanation.
- Don't forget to explain the purpose. People don't want orders barked at them aimlessly. Besides just accomplishing a task, people want to learn as they perform.
- Why did they do this?
- What was the purpose of this method?
- Why did we do it this way and not this other way?
- To make everything flow smoothly use transitions. Make the steps flow one after another to create a well-structured essay. As you introduce next step, consider using transition words like , , , , etc.
Showing the readers that they are learning and not just repeating is one of the most effective ways to lock down their attention and keep them coming back!
After going through every step meticulously and explaining the whole process, the essay needs a confident conclusion. This paragraph should be short, sweet, and to the point. It's main goal is to :
- Talk about the main result. After the readers have completed the process, they should be left with a final result. It's important that you .
- Think about it like this. After completing a task, you obviously would like to know its overall purpose. When the reader feels that he accomplished a challenge, learned something from it and has a path to take the result towards, he will be satisfied!
- Restatement as well as Overall Conclusion. To put a pretty tie around the process essay means that you need to neatly wrap things up! Restate some of the highlightable points as well as the key overall purpose. Make sure that the reader feels after going through your process, and strengthen the necessity of the purpose with a nice concluding sentence!
- Make sure it's simple enough to follow: The worst-case-scenario an author can create is a feeling of absolute confusion in the readers mind.To avoid this problem, always keep in mind that your readers can be beginners. Because of that don’t try to impress them with complicated words or sentences, use simple language to provide clear directions on how to do something. Give as much details as possible, but do it plainly.
- "Why is he making me do this?"
- "What was the purpose of this?"
- "I don't understand this step at all!"
- If the reader is asking himself these questions, then it's time to do some editing!
- Experiment and try it for yourself, or ask a friend. There's no better way to experience success then actively attempt through your own instructions. If everything truly makes sense, then you should have no problem solving the task through your own words. Even better, ask a peer to try it through your words to get an outside point of view.
Essay Writing Advice From Our Professional Team
Tutor Joseph, EssayPro
When you enter your first writing course, it is likely that your first assignment is a process essay. A composition like this should help you get a grip of an essay structure and progression. A process paper is a useful piece of work, as when the reader of your paper finishes reading it, they know something new! My only tip for you writing this essay is not to overwhelm your reader with directions. Be clear on every single point that you make. Another piece of advice I can give you is to watch out for boring connectors. If you begin each sentence with “and then” your reader will get bored and possibly confused. While writing, you can use the “and then” connectors, but then go back and edit them out. Your essay will sound a lot cleaner and be less repetitive. You might also be tempted to say “first” and “second”, but don’t do it. Let the language do the work for you.
Still Need Help?
So you read the entire article and still have a question mark hanging over your head. These things happen, but lucky for you, we here at EssayPro have professional essay writers that know how to write high quality essays. As an essay writing service, we guarantee that the quality paper you receive will be better than you expect.
Hire a writer